Do I need to re-install, was: Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at

От Hugh Esco
Тема Do I need to re-install, was: Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Cameron, James & Tom:

Is this advise below a bit drastic?

I just completed a re-install of postgresql, from source, and have
encountered the same problem with the hanging shell response to my attempts
to invoke a psql command prompt, even using the -a or --echo-all switches.

-- Hugh Esco

I replied to this earlier in private mail.  For the benefit of the list,
I should explain that he has somehow got the Debian packaging database
in a twist, and has a corrupt diversions file.  Best course is probably
to reinstall the O/S from scratch.
--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 17:03, Hugh Esco wrote:
 > I'm resending this, sans attachments, and to the list this time for others
 > edification, to correct some typos by my attempt to recreate the shell
 > dialogue.  Those first two lines are cat'ing diversions, not diversions.txt.
 >
 > It seemed simpler than a continuous exchange of questions to clarify what
 > it is you are looking for.  But in case I do understand where you are
 > going, here is a quick shell dialogue that could permit you to delete these
 > text files unopened.
 >
 > biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep Package: > packages.txt
 > biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep sql > sql.txt
 > biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat packages.txt | grep sql > sqlpackages.txt
 > biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat sqlpackages.txt
 > Package: mysql-common
 > Package: php4-pgsql
 > Package: mysql-server
 > Package: libmysqlclient10
 > Package: postgresql-client
 > Package: libdbd-mysql-perl
 > Package: postgresql
 > Package: postgresql-doc
 > Package: mysql-client
 > Package: libpgsql2
 > Package: php4-mysql
 > biko:/var/lib/dpkg#
 >
 > I'm guessing that this diversion file tracks every package ever installed?

Вложения