Re: POSTGRESQL - Question

От Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd
Тема Re: POSTGRESQL - Question
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
initdb is only needed per 'database cluster' - i.e. a directory that you
nominate to store the files. So, after first install you do the initdb
command as directed by the readme in the cygwin postgresql package. However
for every subsequent power up you only need to start the postmaster as
directed in the documentation.
Hope that helps.

At 11:19 16/03/2002 +0000, Raveendra Yerraguntla wrote:

>I am using Postgresql in Win 98. Should I do initdb -D ..... command every
>time I power up the the m/c. Is it fine If start postmaster?
>I guess initdb will clean up by existing data files? Am I right?

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk