Re: Psql refusing to start as Win2000 Service

От Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd
Тема Re: Psql refusing to start as Win2000 Service
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Pavel,

Oh this brings back memories. Look through the archives at
archives.postgresql.org for the many threads I and Jason of this parish had
over issues very similar to this. In summary here are a few tips :

totally remove Cygwin, cyipc and its service entry
Check your firewall (I use zonealarm) - delete ANY reference in its memory
about Internet permissions for postmaster and postgres programs.

Download the 1.3.10 cygwin build (no earlier), install everything in the
right order (Jason has published decent details on this in the readme that
comes with the postgresql 7.2-2 package for cygwin, readable after you
install it with cygwin's installer).

Your description of the processes you are taking seem very accurate having
been through this frustrating cycle myself many times. You'll bne pleased
to hear I have 7.2-2 running find now as service under user ./postgres on W2k.

So, IT IS POSSIBLE! Keep going.  Sorry not to be able to pinpoint precisely
why its going wrong.

Tim.

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd