Re: IBM to buy Informix

От Ryan Mahoney
Тема Re: IBM to buy Informix
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think it the acquisition may be worth IBM's while just to gain Informix's
high profile clients.  IBM makes an unbelievable amount of money on
services.  I worked for a company who paid IBM a million dollars for some
early phase requirements gathering.  All that money, and they didn't even
number the pages of their documentation!

-r

At 07:28 PM 4/24/01 -0400, Joseph Shraibman wrote:

>Martín Marqués wrote:
> >
> > On Mar 24 Abr 2001 18:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > IBM to buy Informix:
> > >
> > >    http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-5705678.html?tag=st.it.9500.lthd
> >
> > The rumour was there about a month ago. The problem was that the people of
> > Informix didn't know how to sell there product, so Oracle and Micro$oft
> were
> > all over them.
> > Looks like the romour was right! :-)
>
>They couldn't sell it because it was a crappy product.  I have no idea
>why IBM would be willing to plunk down a bil for Informix.
>
>--
>Joseph Shraibman
>jks@selectacast.net
>Increase signal to noise ratio.  http://www.targabot.com