Re: PG 7.0.3 & RH 7 IPC problems?

От Stefan Huber
Тема Re: PG 7.0.3 & RH 7 IPC problems?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
At 13:26 2001-03-29 -0500, DHSC Webmaster wrote:
>Thank you Tom. Here are the results.
>[root@atl01371 linux]# ipcs
<output snipped>
>These values don't seem to change from one moment to the next although
>there are of course varying numbers of backends running at any given
>moment.

Did you issue ipcs when running Postgres? Then that's ok (I cannot tell you, if the sizes are ok, but at leaste the
existenceof sharedmemory and semaphores is alright).
If you still have some of those IPCs left, after shutting down the postmaster, there's probably something wrong.

>Since I am unfamiliar with this output I hesitate to use icprm to remove
>something which ought not be removed.

good idea ;)

>I have not used kill -9 on anything. :)

Maybe you used killall, although this should normally issue SIGTERM (15), but who knows? Or maybe some script kills the
postmasterwith SIGKILL. Or maybe, the system just hung once.

Stefan

--
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.