Re: Can't install pgadmin4 on linux (flask required)

От Mark Murawski
Тема Re: Can't install pgadmin4 on linux (flask required)
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 10/30/16 13:13, Dave Page wrote:
> That email is really quite old - we ignore PYTHONPATH these days
> (otherwise, if the user has it set for other purposes, it can break
> pgAdmin).
>
> I made some significant updates to the README last week, which you
> should review - particularly the part about configuring the runtime (and
> probably the bit about using a Python virtual env, not the system
> environment).
>
> In a nutshell, you need to figure out the right path to put in the
> dialogue that pops up, then hit OK and try again (I've drafted a patch
> to make that nicer from 1.2 onwards). It's probably the site-packages
> directory you need, not dist-packages; it should contain the packages
> that pip installed like Flask. On my machine here, in my pgadmin4-py3
> virtual env, the correct path
> is  ~/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4-py3/lib/python3.3/site-packages/.
>
> It'll obviously be different for you, so adjust to suit. If it then
> complains about other things not being present, you may need to add
> another path - but we won't know that until you try.
>
> Regards, Dave
>

> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I pulled the git for pgadmin4 and I'm following the new README on debian
jessie (python 3.4)

root# pip install virtualenv virtualenv-wrapper
Downloading/unpacking virtualenv  Downloading virtualenv-15.0.3-py2.py3-none-any.whl (3.5MB): 3.5MB
downloaded
Downloading/unpacking virtualenv-wrapper  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
virtualenv-wrapper
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for virtualenv-wrapper
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

Here's the pip.log

Downloading/unpacking virtualenv-wrapper  Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/  Could not
fetchURL

https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/: 404 Client Error:
Not Found  Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/ when
looking for download links for virtualenv-wrapper  Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/  URLs to search for
versionsfor virtualenv-wrapper:  * https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/  Getting page
https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/ Could not fetch URL

https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/: 404 Client Error:
Not Found  Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/virtualenv-wrapper/ when
looking for download links for virtualenv-wrapper  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
virtualenv-wrapper
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for virtualenv-wrapper

Although I did find a debian package for this.. README should probably
include this as an option.

root# apt-get install virtualenvwrapper
...snip...
Setting up python-stevedore (0.14.1-1) ...
Setting up python-virtualenv (1.11.6+ds-1) ...
Setting up virtualenv-clone (0.2.5-1) ...
Setting up virtualenvwrapper (4.3.1-2) ...

And then of course the path would be different:
source /usr/share/virtualenvwrapper/virtualenvwrapper.sh
$ mkvirtualenv pgadmin4
Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/bin/python3.4
Using base prefix '/usr'
New python executable in pgadmin4/bin/python3.4
Also creating executable in pgadmin4/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip...done.

As related to step 5...
In my git checkout there is no $PGADMIN4_SRC/web/config_local.py.
I do have $PGADMIN4_SRC/web/config.py though

----------------------------
Now I'm stuck here:
(pgadmin4)markm {~/download/pgadmin4} markm$ pip install -r
requirements_py3.txt
Downloading/unpacking Babel==1.3 (from -r requirements_py3.txt (line 1))  Downloading Babel-1.3.tar.gz (3.4MB): 3.4MB
downloaded Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-a4cvzlez/Babel/setup.py)

egg_info for package Babel
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'docs/_build'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under
directory 'tests'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found under
directory 'tests'
Downloading/unpacking beautifulsoup4==4.4.1 (from -r
requirements_py3.txt (line 2))  Downloading beautifulsoup4-4.4.1-py3-none-any.whl (81kB): 81kB downloaded
Downloading/unpacking blinker==1.3 (from -r requirements_py3.txt (line 3))  Downloading blinker-1.3.tar.gz (91kB): 91kB
downloaded Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-a4cvzlez/blinker/setup.py)

egg_info for package blinker

Downloading/unpacking click==6.6 (from -r requirements_py3.txt (line 4))  Downloading click-6.6.tar.gz (283kB): 283kB
downloaded Running setup.py (path:/tmp/pip-build-a4cvzlez/click/setup.py)

egg_info for package click
    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under
directory 'docs'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found under
directory 'docs'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under
directory 'tests'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found under
directory 'tests'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found under
directory 'examples'    warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found under
directory 'examples'    no previously-included directories found matching 'docs/_build'
Downloading/unpacking django-htmlmin==0.8.0 (from -r
requirements_py3.txt (line 5))  Downloading django-htmlmin-0.8.0.tar.gz  Running setup.py
(path:/tmp/pip-build-a4cvzlez/django-htmlmin/setup.py) egg_info for
package django-htmlmin    Traceback (most recent call last):      File "<string>", line 17, in <module>      File
"/tmp/pip-build-a4cvzlez/django-htmlmin/setup.py",line 10,

in <module>        README = open('README.rst').read()      File
"/home/markm/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python3.4/encodings/ascii.py",
line 26, in decode        return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't
decodebyte 0xc3 in

position 5965: ordinal not in range(128)    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:    Traceback (most