Re: Logical Replication WIP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/14/16 11:21 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> +    ExecInsert(NULL, /* mtstate is only used for onconflict handling which we don't support atm */
>> > +               remoteslot,
>> > +               remoteslot,
>> > +               NIL,
>> > +               ONCONFLICT_NONE,
>> > +               estate,
>> > +               false);
> I have *severe* doubts about just using the (newly) exposed functions
> 1:1 here.

It is a valid concern, but what is the alternative?  ExecInsert() and
the others appear to do exactly the right things that are required.

Are your concerns mainly philosophical about calling into internal
executor code, or do you have technical concerns that this will not do
the right thing in some cases?