Re: migrating data from an old postgres version

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: migrating data from an old postgres version
Дата
Re: migrating data from an old postgres version  (Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 07/15/2016 07:07 AM, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvin6925@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Why can't he just do a
>     pg_dump -F p his_dbname > his_dbname.sql
>     Then copy dbname.sql to a jump/thumb drive on the old laptop
>     copy the data from the jump/thumb drive to the new laptop
>     create the new db in 9.5
>     and use pg_restore to load the his_dbname.sql ?
>

> Because it's not the same version, so that will cause some errors.

pg_dump is backwards compatible to version 7.0.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Willy-Bas Loos
Сообщение: Re: migrating data from an old postgres version
Сообщение: Re: migrating data from an old postgres version