Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql - commercial version

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql - commercial version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/07/2017 07:04 AM, Krithika Venkatesh wrote:
>   select version () gives me output something like this
>
> PostgreSQL 9.5.4 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
> 20080704 (Red hat 4.1.2-55), 64 bit.
>
> Is there any other way to find

It depends on what you are trying to determine:

1) If you are looking at a database installed from here:
https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads#linux

Then it will the same as the community database, it was just installed
differently.

2) If you are looking at one of EDB's value added products you have to
pay for, then I would suspect there will tables/functions/etc that do
not exist in the community version you could query for.

> On 07-Jul-2017 7:28 PM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 07/07/2017 06:52 AM, Krithika Venkatesh wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         I have postgreSQL 9.5 installed in the server. Is it possible to
>         find whether the installed postgresql is enterprise db or an
>         open source version through a query.
>

>     Not sure, but I would try:
>
>     select version();
>

>         Thanks in Advance.