Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.04.24 22:28, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nathan Bossart<nathandbossart@gmail.com>  writes:
>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 04:08:08PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think the actual plan now is that we'll sync the in-tree copy
>>> with the buildfarm's results (and then do a tree-wide pgindent)
>>> every so often, probably shortly before beta every year.
>> Okay.  Is this just to resolve the delta between the manual updates and a
>> clean autogenerated copy every once in a while?
> The main reason there's a delta is that people don't manage to
> maintain the in-tree copy perfectly (at least, they certainly
> haven't done so for this past year).  So we need to do that
> to clean up every now and then.
>
> A secondary reason is that the set of typedefs we absorb from
> system include files changes over time.

Is the code to extract typedefs available somewhere independent of the
buildfarm?  It would be useful sometimes to be able to run this locally,
like before and after some patch, to keep the in-tree typedefs list updated.