Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-04-24 We 06:12, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 22.04.24 22:28, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Nathan Bossart<nathandbossart@gmail.com>  writes:
>>> Okay.  Is this just to resolve the delta between the manual updates
>>> and a
>>> clean autogenerated copy every once in a while?
>> The main reason there's a delta is that people don't manage to
>> maintain the in-tree copy perfectly (at least, they certainly
>> haven't done so for this past year).  So we need to do that
>> to clean up every now and then.
>>
>> A secondary reason is that the set of typedefs we absorb from
>> system include files changes over time.
>
> Is the code to extract typedefs available somewhere independent of the
> buildfarm?  It would be useful sometimes to be able to run this
> locally, like before and after some patch, to keep the in-tree
> typedefs list updated.

There's been talk about it but I don't think anyone's done it. I'd be
more than happy if the buildfarm client could just call something in the
core repo (c.f. src/test/perl/Postgres/Test/AdjustUpgrade.pm).

Regarding testing with your patch, some years ago I wrote this blog
post:
<http://adpgtech.blogspot.com/2015/05/running-pgindent-on-non-core-code-or.html>

cheers

andrew