Re: Improve planner cost estimations for alternative subplans

От Alexey Bashtanov
Тема Re: Improve planner cost estimations for alternative subplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Melanie,

Sorry for the delay.

I've just started looking at this patch today, but I was wondering if
you might include a test case which minimally reproduces the original
problem you had.
I could reproduce it with an easier generated data set, please see attached.

However, to be honest with you, while searching I encountered a few examples of the opposite behavior,
when the patched version was slower than the master branch.
So I'm not so sure whether we should use the patch, maybe we should rather consider Tom's approach.

Best, Alex
Вложения