Re: PostgreSQL occasionally unable to rename WAL files (NTFS)

От Guy Burgess
Тема Re: PostgreSQL occasionally unable to rename WAL files (NTFS)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/02/2021 12:31 am, Lionel Bouton wrote:
> I haven't dealt with a Windows environment for quite some time, but from
> what I remember an antivirus installs a driver intercepting file
> accesses and these drivers are still active even if you disable the
> antivirus (I suppose they just call a noop instead of content analysis
> code) and can still interfere with your system. For example some years
> ago I've seen what looked like a race condition involving rename for
> MySQL on Windows that could not be fixed by disabling the antivirus but
> could by uninstalling it completely.
>
> You might want to uninstall the antivirus temporarily to check this.

Thanks Lionel for this suggestion. Its the built-in Windows Defender AV
which I believe can't be uninstalled, so am limited to 'disabling' it
(plus it has exclusions for the PG directories & processes already).
Using Procmon I can't see any AV file activity when it is disabled. Will
keep monitoring it though.

Kind regards

Guy