Re: PostgreSQL occasionally unable to rename WAL files (NTFS)

От Guy Burgess
Тема Re: PostgreSQL occasionally unable to rename WAL files (NTFS)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/02/2021 4:33 am, Thorsten Schöning wrote:
> If you see that somewhat frequently, use Process Monitor and Process
> Explorer to see who accesses those files how. ProcExp easily allows
> you to find all open handles per file. If it's not AV, it might be
> something like Windows Search Indexer as well, if that is enabled by
> default in Server 2019 at all.

Thanks Thorsten, that's a great idea - I'm using Procmon and Process
Explorer and able to monitor activity on the WAL files, so hopefully
that sheds some light. The Indexer service is disabled, so can rule that
out.

Kind regards

Guy

От: Guy Burgess
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL occasionally unable to rename WAL files (NTFS)
От: Noah Bergbauer
Сообщение: Preventing free space from being reused