Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Дата
Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:22:52PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> >> Yeah, tried that too, it seemed repetitive.  You don't think so?
>
> Well, one of the things I've thought was the following:
>
> The PostgerSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release
> of PostgreSQL 9.0, the 31st release of the world's leading open source
> relational database system.
>
> ... however, that seemed excessively wordy.  No?

It's approaching wordiness, but it still has my vote (minus the typo). If I'm
in the minority on this one, however, my second choice has us using two
sentences:

    The PostgreSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release of
    PostgreSQL 9.0. This is the 31st release of the world's leading open
    source relational database system.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation