Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>Joshua Tolley <eggyknap@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the 31st release of the world's leading open source
> relational database system.

What does that number represent?  I see 26 releases of 8.0 alone, so
it would appear we're not counting minor releases.  Are we counting
everything starting with Stonebraker?  All the way back to Ingres?

Without some explanation or context, this will just be confusing for
most readers.

-Kevin