Re: Best tools to monitor and fine tune postgres

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Best tools to monitor and fine tune postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/15/21 8:28 AM, Atul Kumar wrote:
> And basically you are improving your knowledge as you are expecting
> those questions the answers of which you dont know about.
>
> Thats why you seem to not to be helpful and somehow stopping others to
> not to be helpful.
>
> I don’t find find it wrong if any new guy asking the question that has
> been repeated 1000 times earlier, if I know the answer I WILL RESPOND
> 1000 TIMES, “unlike you”.

It was for this reason that FAQ's(https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ)
where created. Also why the mailing list archives are searchable:

https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1&ln=pgsql-general&q=monitor+tool

Which leads to:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAODZiv7LE+OAwpTyA8G6vBd0gGmRwfrP1X0JXs5wvAuorENxrg@mail.gmail.com

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200528091111.mog2nxiyuan7xjjy%40office.hexack.fr

The frustration is that with literally a world of information at hand
and searchable, folks often do not do the basic homework that would
answer their question in less time then waiting for a response from a
list. You see it enough times and even the calmest person gets
irritated. In a perfect world that would not happen, we don't live in a
perfect world.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com