Re: Introducing the TPC-V benchmark, and its relationship to PostgreSQL

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Introducing the TPC-V benchmark, and its relationship to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/06/2012 11:22 AM, Reza Taheri wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> Yes, a single-instance benchmark is a natural fall-out from the TPC-V kit. Our coding team (4 people working directly
onthe benchmark with another 3-4 folks helping in various consulting capacities) is tasked with creating a multi-VM
benchmark.The benchmark is still missing the critical Market Exchange Emulator function. Once that's done, it would be
naturalfor someone else in the TPC to take our working prototype and simplify it for a single-system, TPC-E (not V)
referencekit. The conversion is not technically difficult, but releasing kits is a new path for the TPC, and will take
somework.
Please consider releasing sample versions early in the process,
especially as such releases are new to the TPC. Giving others the
opportunity to contribute different skill sets and experiences before
everything is locked in to the final configuration is important,
especially when trying new things.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Reza Taheri
Сообщение: Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
От: Reza Taheri
Сообщение: The overall experience of TPC-V benchmark team with PostgreSQL