Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix mapping of PostgreSQL encodings to Python encodings.

От Jan Urbański
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix mapping of PostgreSQL encodings to Python encodings.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/07/12 23:30, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2012-07-05 at 22:53 +0200, Jan Urbański wrote:
>> The problem is that PLyUnicode_Bytes is (via an ifdef) used as
>> PyString_ToString on Python3, which means that there are numerous call
>> sites and new ones might appear in any moment. I'm not that keen on
>> invoking the traceback machinery on low-level encoding errors.
>
> Why not?

Because it can lead to recursion errors, like the one this patch was
supposed to fix. The traceback machinery calls into the encoding
functions, because it converts Python strings (like function names) into
C strings.

Сообщение: Re: Schema version management
Сообщение: Re: Schema version management