Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

От Shigeru HANADA
Тема Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2012/06/28 11:16), Robert Haas wrote:
> If it can be done without costing anything meaningful, I don't object,
> but I would humbly suggest that this is not hugely important one way
> or the other.  application_name is primarily a monitoring convenience,
> so it's not hugely important to have it set anyway, and
> fallback_application_name is only going to apply in cases where the
> user doesn't care enough to bother setting application_name.  Let's
> not knock ourselves out to solve a problem that may not be that
> important to begin with.

Thanks for clarification.  I got the point.

The way fixing oid2name and pgbench seems reasonable, so applying it to
vacuumlo (as Peter mentioned) would be enough for this issue.

Regards,
--
Shigeru HANADA