Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Shigeru/Robert,

-----Original Message-----
From: Shigeru HANADA [mailto:shigeru.hanada@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 6:57 AM

(2012/06/28 11:16), Robert Haas wrote:
>> If it can be done without costing anything meaningful, I don't object,
>> but I would humbly suggest that this is not hugely important one way
>> or the other.  application_name is primarily a monitoring convenience,
>> so it's not hugely important to have it set anyway, and
>> fallback_application_name is only going to apply in cases where the
>> user doesn't care enough to bother setting application_name.  Let's
>> not knock ourselves out to solve a problem that may not be that
>> important to begin with.

>Thanks for clarification.  I got the point.

> The way fixing oid2name and pgbench seems reasonable, so applying it to
> vacuumlo (as Peter mentioned) would be enough for this issue.

Shall I consider following 2 points to update the patch:
1. Apply changes similar to pgbench and oid2name for vacuumlo
2. Remove the modifications for dblink.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Shigeru HANADA
Сообщение: Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink