Re: Notiffy problem

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Notiffy problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
adasko98  wrote:

> Hi thanks for help. Now i know why pg_notify() does not works for
> me. I'm named listener in c# code 'Demo' and this is a problem. In
> name can't be a capital letter because postges change this name to
> small letter i think. So if someone want use pg_notify use only
> small letter like this "pg_notify('demo', variable);" and it will
> be works

The channel for a LISTEN or NOTIFY command is an identifier, so it
follows the normal rules for identifiers, including folding to lower
case if not enclosed in quotes.  The pg_notify() function wraps the
given channel name in quotes if needed.  Most people find it easiest
to keep all identifiers lower case to avoid such issues.

-Kevin