Re: BUG #6711: how to run sql query by command prompt in postgres sql

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #6711: how to run sql query by command prompt in postgres sql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
[moving to pgsql-novice]

<kapilkumar04@gmail.com> wrote:

This doesn't look like a bug report.  When you follow up, please
start a new thread on pgsql-general or pgsql-novice.

> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.0

Please update that to 9.0.8 or 9.1.4.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

> I want to run query in postgres sql by command prompt.

That's what the psql client program is for.

> I have success fully connect to db,

Meaning what, exactly?  Are you running psql, your own application,
or what?  If you are using a command prompt, copy and paste
characters into your email to show us what you're doing.

> but not success in fetch the data by query,

What did you try?  What did you expect to happen?  What did happen?

> Please tell me procedure of this.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin