Re: How to Add User with Select Priviliges only

От raghu ram
Тема Re: How to Add User with Select Priviliges only
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Bedorf, Paul <Paul.Bedorf@mosaic.com> wrote:

Hi, I am new to Postgres SQL and have a task to add a user that will have permissions only to select from the database but not make any changes etc...

I do not know how to do that, can anyone provide instructions?

I have the following databases:

Name | Owner |
------------+----------+
mpower_dev | mpower |
postgres | postgres |
template0 | postgres |
template1 | postgres

I would like to grant the select only provileges to the new user on the mpower_dev database.

Use below command to provide READ-ONLY user access for all tables available in schema:

Grant select on all tables in schema <schema_name> to <username>;

--

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram