Re: BUG #6683: dropping a table with a serial column from an extension needs to explicitely drop the associated seq

On 06/10/2012 06:14 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> phb.emaj@free.fr writes:
>> When a table having a seial column has been created by a CREATE EXTENSION,
>> and when this table is later dropped from the extension, the associated
>> sequence must be also explicitely dropped from the extension.
> This doesn't really seem like a bug to me.  The sequence is a somewhat
> independent object.
I disagree; it is inconsistent with the expectation established in
normal operations that the sequence created to serve a SERIAL column is
owned by that table/column and is dropped when it is.

regress=# create table test (x serial primary key);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "test_x_seq" for
serial column "test.x"
"test_pkey" for table "test"
CREATE TABLE
regress=# \d
            List of relations
  Schema |    Name    |   Type   | Owner
--------+------------+----------+-------
  public | test       | table    | craig
  public | test_x_seq | sequence | craig
(2 rows)

regress=# drop table test;
DROP TABLE
regress=# \d
No relations found.

regress=# create table test (x serial primary key);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "test_x_seq" for
serial column "test.x"
"test_pkey" for table "test"
CREATE TABLE
regress=# alter table test drop column x;
ALTER TABLE
regress=# \d
        List of relations
  Schema | Name | Type  | Owner
  public | test | table | craig
(1 row)

--
Craig Ringer

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #6682: pg_dump and sequence values of serial columns for extension configuration tables
От: mthornton@optrak.com
Сообщение: BUG #6685: Concurrency fault in create table