Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Igor Shmain"  wrote:

> I need to design a solution for a database which will grow and will
> require horizontal split at some moment.

Just one more bit of "food for thought" -- we have a database with
3TB processing approximately 50 million database transactions per day
(some with a great many statements or affecting many rows) running
quite comfortably on a single machine (actually sharing that machine
with a 2TB database on a separate drive array), without partitioning.

We have done a lot of tuning.

I'm not sure what your basis is for the assumption that you will need
to split the database across machines; you might be right, but you
might be engaging in "premature optimization".

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage
Сообщение: Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage