Re: Libpq question

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Libpq question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/20/12 12:52 PM, John Townsend wrote:
> By by-passing the "dll" (or "so" on Linux) library I mean you write
> function or procedure calls to the server that is running as a service
> on Windows. You don't use the library with its 160 exported functions.
> You connect directly to the server thus saving one layer of
> protocols.  To do this, you have to translate all the c functions you
> need (not just the headers or ".h" files) into pascal. Not a trivial
> task!

the database service is a completely separate collection of processes.
you can't just 'call' between processes, you need a RPC mechanism.
sockets are as good a mechanism as any.

От: John Townsend
Сообщение: Re: Libpq question
От: josepdba
Сообщение: Re: Questions of the privileges to use the pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend function. Thanks.