Re: Libpq question

От John Townsend
Тема Re: Libpq question
Дата
Re: Libpq question  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
By by-passing the "dll" (or "so" on Linux) library I mean you write
function or procedure calls to the server that is running as a service
on Windows. You don't use the library with its 160 exported functions.
You connect directly to the server thus saving one layer of protocols.
To do this, you have to translate all the c functions you need (not just
the headers or ".h" files) into pascal. Not a trivial task!

Would it be worth it? Depends, but for most situations would not give
you more speed. With FPC comes a nice utility called h2pas.exe that does
a decent job and can save you a lot of time. You still have to clean
some translations.

Look at the *.c & *.h \src\interfaces\libpq directory that comes with
the postgres source.

John