Re: Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing?

От Paulo Correia
Тема Re: Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Sumit,

At the given point there are no exceptions since the tests for using
pgPool-II with the application using a master and a slave resulted in
all connections being done on the master and none on the slave.

As the application as it's own connection pool, eventually all
connections will have a RW operation and as so all these connections
will be linked to the master.

As so, I cannot benefit from load balancing since all my connections
will be redirected to the master by pgPool-II, even if they are RO.

Is it possible to have pgPool-II making only load balance with no
connection pool?

Best regards,
Paulo Correia