Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/09/2012 11:15 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 08:07:52PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I'll point out that this patch got sandbagged to death, and never made
>> it into 9.2.  So, for 9.2 replication is just as hard to configure and
>> manage as it was in 9.1.  Are we going to fix it in 9.3, or not?
>
> Greg Smith was going to allow for files in configuration directories,
> and that was somehow going to make it easier to manage the configuration
> files and remove recovery.conf.  I don't think Greg did it;  I didn't
> see it in the release notes I just wrote.

That was actually submitted back in November, and rightly kicked back as
needing more work.  I would have updated it and resubmitted if that was
the only blocker.  But by the time January rolled around, it was already
obvious that the last CommitFest was going into overtime.  Didn't seem
like a great time to add a disruptive change like this one into the mix.

I expect to revisit config directories before the first 9.3 CF, it will
help multiple things I'd like to see happen.  Then we can circle back to
the main unification job with a fairly clear path forward from there.