Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #01 is out !

От damien clochard
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #01 is out !
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Le 09/05/2012 10:27, Oleg Bartunov a écrit :
> Damian,
>
> For the future I'd like to see special section with references to
> authors of features,
> described in the magazine. We are all open-source developers and
> references is a good
> for us. PostgreSQL is not like other commercial databases, we could
> easily publish names
> of developers. I can't say for all developers, but I, for example, would
> appreciate my name listed as
> developer of knn and hstore.

Hi Oleg !

I completely agree with you that PostgreSQL developers and contributors
should be highlighted in the magazine. Actually, this is exactly why we
have an interview of a different community member in each issue. We want
to spread light on contributors that most PostgreSQL users may not know.

However each writer has its own freedom and as the editor in chief I can
only encourage references as a "best practice"... I just updated  the
writer guidelines here : http://pgmag.org/wiki/writer_guidelines

Anyway pgmag is a community-driven initiative and you can have a direct
influence on this :

A/ Most of our content comes from the planet.postgresql.org or from the
wiki. That's the case for the articles titled "10 awesome features of
PostgreSQL 9.1" which contains a page about KNN index. The article is
heavily based on the "What's new in PostgreSQL 9.1" wiki page (see
below). For the next release, we will probably use the "what's new in PG
9.2" wiki page as well, so in this case the best way to add references
to the author is to edit the wiki page directly :)

Links :
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What's_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.1
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What's_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.2

B/ For other articles that don't come from the wiki, you can simply join
de pgmag team and become a reviewer. You will have approx. 3 weeks to be
proof-read the articles before the layout design starts. We have lots of
reviewers (thanks to them) and that's a key step to garantee the quality
of our content.

Thanks for your message. In the future, I'll try to make sure that your
name appears when an article talks about hstore, FTS, GIST, etc.