retaining useful information on my screen

От Fred Parkinson
Тема retaining useful information on my screen
Дата
Re: retaining useful information on my screen  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-admin
I am currently using postgresql version 9.1.3

In the past, when I ran psql and needed useful information provided by commands like \h or \d, the information was presented on the screen and I could proceed with further commands while viewing the information.

Now I need to hit <shift>-q to get out of the \h or \d request, and the information disappears from the screen as well.

2 questions:
1. what was the problem presented by leaving the information up on the screen, which is now solved by removing the information from the screen?

2. Is there way to tell psql NOT to clear the screen, so I can subsequently view it while I work?

Thanks.

Fred Parkinson
Application Programmer
Association of Bay Area Governments
510-464-7931

Сообщение: Re: Advice/guideline on increasing shared_buffers and kernel parameters
Сообщение: Re: Advice/guideline on increasing shared_buffers and kernel parameters