Re: Future In-Core Replication

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Future In-Core Replication
Дата
Re: Future In-Core Replication  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Future In-Core Replication  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@krosing.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/29/12 6:03 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> The DML-WITH-LIMIT-1 is required to do single logical updates on tables
>> >  with non-unique rows.
>> >  And as for any logical updates we will have huge performance problem
>> >  when doing UPDATE or DELETE on large table with no indexes, but
>> >  fortunately this problem is on slave, not master;)
> While that is possible, I would favour the do-nothing approach. By
> making the default replication mode = none, we then require a PK to be
> assigned before allowing replication mode = on for a table. Trying to
> replicate tables without PKs is a problem that can wait basically.

Something that a in-core method might be able to do that an external one can't would be to support a method of uniquely
identifyingrows in tables with no PK's. A gross example (that undoubtedly wouldn't work in the real world) would be
usingTID's. A real-world implementation might be based on a hidden serial column.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net