Re: patch submission: truncate trailing nulls from heap rows to reduce the size of the null bitmap

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: patch submission: truncate trailing nulls from heap rows to reduce the size of the null bitmap
Дата
Re: patch submission: truncate trailing nulls from heap rows to reduce the size of the null bitmap  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/2/12 10:20 AM, Jameison Martin wrote:
> Attached are the following as per various requests:
>     * test_results.txt: the performance benchmarking results,
>
>     * TestTrailingNull.java: the performance benchmarking code, with a few additional scenarios as per various
requests

>     * hardinfo_report.txt: some information about the hardware and OS of the system on which the benchmarks were run,
and

>     * postgresql.conf: the postgresql.conf used when running benchmarks. Note that the changes made to the vanilla
postgresql.confcan be identified by looking for the string 'jamie' in the file I attached (there aren't that many)

Nice, thanks.  I'll try some of my own tests when I get a chance; I have
a really good use-case for this optimization.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Temporary tables under hot standby
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Torn page hazard in ginRedoUpdateMetapage()