Which Java persistence library would you use with PostgreSQL?

От Bata Degen
Тема Which Java persistence library would you use with PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Which Java persistence library would you use with PostgreSQL?  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi list,

what is your choice of trust when it comes to Java persistence libraries?

NetBeans gives me these out of the box:
EclipseLink (JPA 2.0)
Hibernate (JPA 1.0)
TopLink Essentials (JPA 1.0)

Is any of them known to work very well together with PostgreSQL? Or what
else can you recommend?

I am looking for a solution to do this (the direction is important, it's
not the other way around):
XML-Schema --[via Hyperjaxb3]--> annotated Java classes --[via JPA]-->
PostgreSQL

I've already managed to do the first two steps but would appreciate your
advice on the last step. I've done loads of tutorials. This one
http://bit.ly/b7vCkF for example employs Hibernate and the cool thing is
that you can let the relations be created for you automatically. But it
uses Apache Derby as the database backend. This is not what I want. I
want to use PostgreSQL. But when exchanging Derby for PostgreSQL
relations won't be created automatically anymore.

Has anyone done such magic things successfully with PostgreSQL and if
so, which persistence library where you using?

Thank you guys for your feedback!

Regards,
Bata