Re: how to execute a stored function that returns a boolean?

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: how to execute a stored function that returns a boolean?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 27/04/2012 20:43, J.V. wrote:
> I have created a stored function and wish to execute in pgadmin but keep
> getting an error.
>
> create or replace function myfunc() returns boolean
> as $$
> declare
> begin
> end;
> $$ language plpgsql;
>
> compiles and works just find, however when I run (in pgadmin III)
>
> select myfunc();
>
> I get errors telling me I need to use 'perform' instead, but when I run:

Can you show us the rest of your function? In pl/pgsql, you use PERFORM
instead of SELECT when you don't need the result of a query; you
probably have a SELECT in there somewhere.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie