how to execute a stored function that returns a boolean?

I have created a stored function and wish to execute in pgadmin but keep
getting an error.

create or replace function myfunc() returns boolean
as $$
declare
begin
end;
$$ language plpgsql;

compiles and works just find, however when I run (in pgadmin III)

select myfunc();

I get errors telling me I need to use 'perform' instead, but when I run:

perform myfunc(); it says : syntax error at or near "perform"
LINE 1: perform myfunc();