psql: could not connect to server: No route to host

От Kevin Kempter
Тема psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
Дата
Fwd: psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all;

I've setup PostgreSQL to talk across servers thousand of times... not
sure what I'm doing wrong, maybe I'm just over-tired.

I have 2 scientific linux VM's running in vmware workstation

server 1 - 192.168.1.125
server 2 - 192.168.1.127

I've disabled selinux on both servers

Ive instaled PostgreSQL 9.1.3 on both servers

I have listen_addresses on server 1 set to '*'

postgres=# show listen_addresses ;
  listen_addresses
------------------
  *
(1 row)

I've added this to the pg_hba.conf file of server 1:
host     all             all             192.168.1.0/24        trust

I can scp files between the servers

Then from server 2 I run this:

$ psql -h 192.168.1.125
psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
         Is the server running on host "192.168.1.125" and accepting
         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

am i loosing my mind?

thanks in advance