FW: pg_ [dump & restore] invalid archive problem

От Crombleholme, Roy
Тема FW: pg_ [dump & restore] invalid archive problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi j-p,

Ok, I just did this (- without outputting to a tar file - thanks for
pointing that out Tom Lane :-) ) dumping from a database on a solaris box
and restoring to a database on a linux box.
Lines beginning "# " are normal shell commands and lines beginning "psql>"
are in postgresql command line.

On my Solaris box:

# pg_dump -U postgres -f /mydumpdir/mydb.dmp mydb

I then copied mydb.dmp to my linux box.

On my linux box I did:

# psql -U postgres template1

psql> CREATE DATABASE mydb;
psql>\q

# psql -U postgres mydb < /mydumpdir/mydb.dmp

This worked without any problems at all.  Just make sure that any users that
owned any tables on your original database exist in your new database.

If you follow this and it still doesn't work then I'm afraid you're own your
own :(

Roy