Re: c extension

От Kjetil Haaland
Тема Re: c extension
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 17:42, Joe Conway wrote:
> Probably TopMemoryContext
>
> "TopMemoryContext --- this is the actual top level of the context tree;
>   every other context is a direct or indirect child of this one.
>   Allocating here is essentially the same as "malloc", because this
>   context will never be reset or deleted."
>
> I.e. anything allocated in TopMemoryContext will live until the session
> ends.

Hi again

I have no managed to set the memorycontext to TopMemoryContext but it still
doesn't work. The table with the integers is still working fine, but the
table with the characters are no good and it crashes when i try to read it.
In the log it says that there is a record with zero length.

Does anyone have any suggestion of what could be wrong?

-Kjetil