OID and filesystem issues

От lfedden@contextworld.com
Тема OID and filesystem issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1) Does every relation exist in pg_class? Can we assume that if there is a file with OID which is not present in
pg_class,this file can be deleted? (we have a few such files, some of them take more than 2G of space in total)

2) If we remove such file and run vaccum or pg_dump will we get into troubles ? Where does vaccum take information
aboutrelations from? pg_class or filesystem ?

3) We have a relation which is unaccessible (permission denied), ls -l also prints this message so it's something with
filesystem.What would be the best procedure to solve this issue ?

Thanks
Lee. *****************************************************
Lee Fedden
Software Developer
CONTEXT
Tel:+44 (0)20 8394 7724
Fax:+44 (0)20 8394 7701
Email Address: lfedden@contextworld.com
Web Site: http://www.contextworld.com
This message and the information contained therein is intended for the use
of the person(s) ("the intended  recipient(s)" to whom it is addressed. It
may contain information that is privileged and confidential within the
meaning of applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender as soon possible. The views expressed in this
communication may not necessarily  be the views held by Context Business
Limited or its subsidiaries. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail
may contain viruses that could damage your own computer system. While every
reasonable precaution has been taken to minimise this risk, Context Business
Limited and its subsidiaries cannot  accept liability for any damage which
you sustain  as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own
virus checks
before opening the attachment. Please notice that Context Business Limited
monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your
consent to this.

Context Business Limited, a Company registered in England under number
06298773. Registered Directors Jeremy Davies and Howard Davies.
Registered office address: 10-18 Putney Hill, London, SW15 6AA
VAT 919 7799 50