Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...  (Susanne Ebrecht <susanne@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 4/16/12 9:38 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
> The model where a vendor releasing a piece of software creates an
> official certification program for that software is well accepted in the
> industry.  But there is no vendor controlling the community PostgreSQL
> releases, by design.  That means there's also no vendor to create,
> grade, and certify exam procedures.  As it stands right now, you're
> claiming to offer something--PostgreSQL certification--that does not exist.

I don't think this is a reasonable stance to take in the absence of any
community-approved certification.  Certifications are a genuine need,
and if the community isn't going to fullfill them, we should at lease
encourage vendors to do so.

Maybe this is a business opportunity for 2Q, eh?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.