Re: Setting up streaming replication w/ a big ole database

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Setting up streaming replication w/ a big ole database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> wrote:

> I admit to being scared as crap of rsync'ing a live database to
> another server. Like chills are running down my spine even typing
> it. Is this an approved, safe thing?

It is fine, as long as you're doing it between the pg_start_backup()
and pg_stop_backup() calls.  We do it on 100 production databases
every week.  It is approved, documented, and safe.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Setting up streaming replication w/ a big ole database
Сообщение: Re: Setting up streaming replication w/ a big ole database