Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables

От Colin Beckingham
Тема Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 04/06/2012 02:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 08:03 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>> Given 3 tables, authors, books and words, each has a primary key.
>>
>> Attempting to use pgadmin to add a foreign key to books to link authors
>> to books, and a key to words to link words to books.
>>
>> The first step works ok (ignoring previously reported backtrace) and the
>> foreign key is added to books linking it to authors. However when
>> attempting to add a foreign key to words, pgadmin can still only see the
>> authors table as a reference table.
>>
>> Tried reloading and refreshing but pgadmin does not seem to see beyond
>> the authors table for the 'referencing' dropdown.
>>
>> Maybe I am missing a step. table books definitely has a primary key.
>
> Can you give us your tables' definition? Thanks.

CREATE TABLE authors
(  authid serial NOT NULL,  name character varying(250) NOT NULL,  CONSTRAINT authors_pkey PRIMARY KEY (authid )
);
CREATE TABLE books
(  bookid serial NOT NULL,  authid integer NOT NULL,  title character varying(250) NOT NULL,  CONSTRAINT books_pkey
PRIMARYKEY (bookid ),  CONSTRAINT books_authid_fkey FOREIGN KEY (authid)      REFERENCES authors (authid) MATCH SIMPLE
   ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,  CONSTRAINT books_bookid_key UNIQUE (bookid )

);
CREATE TABLE words
(  wordid serial NOT NULL,  lemma character varying(100),  bookid integer,  wcount integer,  CONSTRAINT words_pkey
PRIMARYKEY (wordid )

);
CREATE INDEX words_bookid_idx  ON words  USING btree  (bookid );

--
---
Colin Beckingham

Сообщение: Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables
Сообщение: Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables