Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 15:11 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:

> On 04/06/2012 02:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-04-06 at 08:03 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
> >> Given 3 tables, authors, books and words, each has a primary key.
> >>
> >> Attempting to use pgadmin to add a foreign key to books to link authors
> >> to books, and a key to words to link words to books.
> >>
> >> The first step works ok (ignoring previously reported backtrace) and the
> >> foreign key is added to books linking it to authors. However when
> >> attempting to add a foreign key to words, pgadmin can still only see the
> >> authors table as a reference table.
> >>
> >> Tried reloading and refreshing but pgadmin does not seem to see beyond
> >> the authors table for the 'referencing' dropdown.
> >>
> >> Maybe I am missing a step. table books definitely has a primary key.
> >
> > Can you give us your tables' definition? Thanks.
> >

> CREATE TABLE authors
> (
>    authid serial NOT NULL,
>    name character varying(250) NOT NULL,
>    CONSTRAINT authors_pkey PRIMARY KEY (authid )
> );
> CREATE TABLE books
> (
>    bookid serial NOT NULL,
>    authid integer NOT NULL,
>    title character varying(250) NOT NULL,
>    CONSTRAINT books_pkey PRIMARY KEY (bookid ),
>    CONSTRAINT books_authid_fkey FOREIGN KEY (authid)
>        REFERENCES authors (authid) MATCH SIMPLE
>        ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION,
>    CONSTRAINT books_bookid_key UNIQUE (bookid )
> );
> CREATE TABLE words
> (
>    wordid serial NOT NULL,
>    lemma character varying(100),
>    bookid integer,
>    wcount integer,
>    CONSTRAINT words_pkey PRIMARY KEY (wordid )
> );
> CREATE INDEX words_bookid_idx
>    ON words
>    USING btree
>    (bookid );

Thanks. So, I don't see any issues adding an fkey on words. Can you
describe more precisely what you do?

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Colin Beckingham
Сообщение: Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables
Сообщение: Re: dev 1.15 wxwidgets - constraints with multiple tables