Re: pg_database_size() and actual disk space usage

От Alexander Fortin
Тема Re: pg_database_size() and actual disk space usage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 3/30/12 12:39 PM, Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
> Are you rotating postgresql log files? If so, how do you do that?
>
> Do you have archive_command set in postgresql.conf?

Hi Vladimir.

Yes, I'm using the packaged Postgres 9.1.2 version shipped with Ubuntu
11.10. From my understanding, it's logrotate that does the job, given
that the package postgresql-common creates an entry for daily
/var/log/postgresql/*.log rotation.

As for the archive_command, no, it's defaulted to empty:
#archive_command = ''

--
Alexander Fortin
http://about.me/alexanderfortin/