Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset

От Alexander LAW
Тема Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I see two ways to resolve the issue.
First is to use CharToOemBuff when writing a string to the "con" and OemToCharBuff when reading an input from it.
The other is to always use stderr/stdin for Win32 as it was done for msys before. I think it's more straightforward.
I tested the attached patch (build the source with msvc) and it fixes the issue. If it looks acceptible, then probably DEVTTY should not be used on Windows at all.
I found two other references of DEVTTY at
psql/command.c
success = saveHistory(fname ? fname : DEVTTY, -1, false, false);

and
contrib/pg_upgrade/option.c
log_opts.debug_fd = fopen(DEVTTY, "w");

By the way, is there any reason to use stderr for the prompt output, not stdout?

Regards,
Alexander