Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #6510: A simple prompt is displayed using wrong charset
Дата
Re: BUG #6742: pg_dump doesn't convert encoding of DB object names to OS encoding  (Alexander Law <exclusion@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Alexander LAW's message of dom mar 18 06:04:51 -0300 2012:
> I see two ways to resolve the issue.
> First is to use CharToOemBuff when writing a string to the "con" and=20
> OemToCharBuff when reading an input from it.
> The other is to always use stderr/stdin for Win32 as it was done for=20
> msys before. I think it's more straightforward.

Using console directly instead of stdin/out/err is more appropriate when
asking for passwords and reading them back, because you can redirect the
rest of the output to/from files or pipes, without the prompt
interfering with that.  This also explains why stderr is used instead of
stdout.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>