Re: Strange character in Table Properties

От Colin Beckingham
Тема Re: Strange character in Table Properties
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 03/13/2012 06:45 PM, Colin Beckingham wrote:

> On 03/13/2012 05:18 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 08:30 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>>> 1.15 Dev, latest from git.
>>>
>>> This is not an error, no crash, no backtrace, just an unexplained
>>> character in property definition.
>>>
>>> 1. open pgadmin
>>> 2. drill down and right click a table name, click on properties
>>> 3. click the 'columns' tab
>>> 4. columns are listed. Window shows:
>>> ['Column name','Definition','Inherited from table']
>>> data for my columns appear in the first two but the inherited from is
>>> blank since it is not inherited from anything.
>>> Dotted box appears around the three columns so this is a group.
>>> 5. however there appears to be an untitled ghost 4th column
>>> since there is a text numeric character (I have seen 2,3) to the
>>> right of the third column.
>>
>> Actually, there are some invisible columns after the three visible ones.
>> I have no ideas why it shows something.
>
> I have attached a jpg image of what my screen shows. I selected a
> different table this time in case the table was the issue. Let me know
> what other info I can supply.

FYI some more information on this issue:

1. select arbitrary table
2. go to Properties - Columns
3. add an arbitrary boolean column 'junk', click OK
4. new row appears with the number '1' at far right
5. click OK to make the addition permanent, dialog disappears
6. reopen Properties - Columns
7. number at far right is now '3'

It does not seem to be related to the number of columns or the data
type. I have a table with 4 columns integer 3, integer 2, boolean 3,
boolean 3, and each time the columns tab is opened and fields changed
these numbers can be swapped around.

--
---
Colin Beckingham