Re: I've got gaps in the log files?

От Andreas
Тема Re: I've got gaps in the log files?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 06.03.2012 18:38, schrieb Tom Lane:
> Andreas<maps.on@gmx.net>  writes:
>> it appeares I've got gaps in the log files.
>> It's a PG 9.1 from the OpenSuse 12.1 distribution.
>> I know the server is running so it should dump it's feelings all the
>> time in those files in PGDATA/pg_log.
>> But I find huge gaps where nothing is written.
> The only suggestion that comes to mind offhand is to check the logfile
> rotation parameters in postgresql.conf.  Maybe the missing log entries
> went to a file that got truncated and rewritten afterwards because of
> poorly selected rotation parameters.

I left them on defaults.
Actually they are even commented out.

#log_truncate_on_rotation = off
#log_rotation_age = 1d
#log_rotation_size = 10MB

It's not as if I expect particularily huge log files anyway.
On most days its just the one that got created when the rotation starts
a new one like
postgresql-2012-03-07_000000.log

regards Andreas

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: logging issue
От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: I've got gaps in the log files?